Hello Orlando Section!
You may have recently received scattered emails from our Section about individual events, opportunities. This Newsletter includes compact information about them, highlighting the important deadlines.
- The deadline for applying for travel awards from our local section to attend SERMACS 2021 is October 15th, 2021. Details of the awards and how to apply can be found at our website.
- Are you (or do you know someone who is) interested in serving in 2022 Executive Committee of our local section? All nominations (including name of nominee, contact information, and nominated position) must be notified to Dr. Denisia Popolan-Vaida (via email at Denisia.Popolan-Vaida@ucf.edu) by October 15th, 2021.
- We will have a National Chemistry Week (NCW) event at the Orlando Science Center on Saturday October 23rd, 2021. Please come and join us to celebrate chemistry together.
- Nominations for Annual Awards from our local section are due on November 5th, 2021. If you know someone or companies who should be recognized publicly by our local section, please consider nominating them. More details can be found at our website.
- You are invited to join us at Annual Awards Banquet on Saturday, December 4th, 2021, from 11:30AM to 2:00PM, at the 310 Lakeside restaurant (301 E Pine St, Orlando, FL 32801). Reservation can be made online at https://forms.gle/okhyqWaqGSGLtTtw8 and must be made on or before November 20th, 2021. Other reservation methods and details of the event can be found at our website.
- Monthly Executive Meeting is open to members. The next meeting occurs at 10AM on Saturday 10/16/2021 via Zoom. If you are interested in joining, please do not hesitate to contact us for meeting link.