In 2020, despite the COVID-19 pandemic, the Orlando Section has a successful year. Its achievements for the year included the development of Strategic Plan, being named host for the SERMACS 2025 meeting, expanding our social media presence to keep our members up-to-date on section happenings virtually, sponsoring a joint student-run seminar series, and continuing to recognize our excellent members for their hard work and accomplishments.
With the above momentum, the Orlando Section aims to achieve its goals as outlined in its Strategic Plan, but they cannot be done without your help. If you wish to provide a helping hand, please check out the call for volunteers and get in touch with current officers.
Hope you have healthy and successful years!
- Programs Supporting High School Chemistry EducatorsACS-Hach Programs provide financial support for future and current high school chemistry teachers. Through these grants and scholarships, ACS carries on the work of the Hach Scientific Foundation Endowment, encouraging the development of high school chemistry teachers and improving the teaching and learning of chemistry in their classrooms. ACS-Hach Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Scholarship – provides financial […]
- March 2021’s NewsletterHello Orlando Section! In this communication, we want to bring some news about upcoming activities of the Orlando section to all members. We have just launched our new website (https://orlandoacs.org/). Together with ACS Group Hub and our facebook page, we hope that the website will also be where members and visitors can obtain information and […]
- CCEW 2021 – Celebrating ChemistryCelebrating Chemistry is designed to engage and educate children ages 9–12 (Grades 4–6) in the basic principles of chemistry. The publication is available in English and Spanish. Download the issue in English (PDF)Descargar en Español (PDF)
- 2021 CCEW Illustrated Poem Contest: Reducing Our Footprint with ChemistryThe Orlando Local Section of the American Chemical Society (ACS) is hosting an illustrated poem contest for students in Kindergarten through 12th grade. Entries must be sponsored by a local school or community group for verification purposes. Contest Deadline: April 25, 2021 at 11:59 PM Eastern Local Prizes: Up to 4 winners will be recognized […]
- Get InvolvedOne of main goals of the Orlando Section’s strategic plan is to “Attract, recruit and retain more volunteers” to execute its mission. The Orlando Section recognizes that this is the way to bring better ideas, make new skill sets available, and contribute to the section’s networking capability in addition to help sharing the workload. Presumably, […]