Since 1991, the Orlando Section of the American Chemical Society has recognized individuals who live, work, or study in the seven-county region of the Orlando Section and excel in chemistry. Continuing this tradition, this year, the Orlando Section will give the following awards:
- Eileen Tulley Award for Outstanding High School Student
- Outstanding High School Teacher
- Outstanding Undergraduate at a Primarily Teaching Institution
- Outstanding Undergraduate at a Primarily Research Institution
- Outstanding Graduate at a Primarily Research Institution
- Outstanding Educator at a Primarily Teaching Institution
- Outstanding Educator at a Primarily Research Institution
- Outstanding Chemist
- Outstanding Chemistry Professional
- Outstanding Entrepreneur/Employer Award
- Outstanding Volunteer
Descriptions and criteria for each award can be found in our website at https://orlandoacs.org/annual-awards
If you know someone or companies who should be recognized publicly, please nominate them for an ACS Orlando Section award. Each Award consists of a plaque and a monetary award. Awardees will be honored at the local Section’s annual banquet held on December 4th, 2021. Student nominees need not be currently enrolled in chemistry but can be nominated for achievements for the spring 2021 term.
Nomination package includes:
(1) A letter of nomination stating why this person/company* deserves the award.
(2) A letter of support from someone else who knows the nominee.
Each letter should include the name of the award, and the writer’s email address and daytime phone number. Electronic submissions are required. Email PDF letters to Dr. Darlene Slattery, Chair of the Orlando Section Awards Committee at email@example.com. To be considered, nominations must be received by Friday November 5th, 2021.
Nominators of awardees are expected to participate in the local Section’s annual banquet to introduce the awardees.
* Point of contact for nominated company must be included in the letter.