Hello Orlando Section!
In this Newsletter, we want to bring your attention to a few exciting opportunities that are available to our members.
- The Orlando Local Section offers travel awards to students to attend the Florida Annual Meeting and Exposition (FAME), the Southeastern Regional Meeting of The American Chemical Society (SERMACS 2021), and the 262nd ACS National Meeting & Exposition. For each conference, up to two students will receive awards of up to $150, $250, and $500, respectively. Details of the awards and how to apply can be found at our website and in the attached flyer.
- There are student travel awards given by ACS and some of its technical divisions. Students should check with their divisions for availability. We have found the following:
- The Catalysis Science and Technology (CATL) Division for CATL-ChemCatBio Graduate Student Travel Awards that will cover the registration fee of graduate students (ACS CATL Division Members) presenting at the Fall 2021 ACS National Meeting. More details can be found at our website.
- Southern Chemist Award: The Memphis Local Section of the American Chemical Society seeks nominations for its 2021 Southern Chemist Award, which recognizes distinguished service to the chemical profession in the southern US. Nominees should be US citizens who have worked in the South for at least 10 years and have at least a 10-year record of accomplishment. More details can be found at our website.
- The Northeastern Section of the American Chemical Society is seeking your help to identify outstanding chemists for the Theodore Richards Medal recognizing outstanding achievement in chemistry. Since 1932 the Northeastern Section has been honoring a member of the Society for “conspicuous achievement in any area of chemistry” with the Richards Medal. The deadline for 2021 nomination is October 31, 2021. More information about the Richards Medal, including a list of all previous recipients, can be found at the award’s website.
- Dr. Nash and Dr. Blair (our member) will have a seminar, organized by the Royal Society of Chemistry, about “Driving Laboratory Innovation into Commercialization” on 07/22/2021. Details of the event and registration can be found at the event page.
- Monthly Executive Meeting is open to members. The next meeting occurs at 10AM on Saturday 07/17/2021 via Zoom. If you are interested in joining, please do not hesitate to contact us for meeting link.