Hello Orlando Section!
In this Newsletter, we want to communicate upcoming activities of the Orlando section to all members.
- Wednesday, April 21st at 6PM, Dr. P. Buhlmann, University of Minnesota, will give a seminar entitled “Electrochemical Ionophore-based Sensors: From Fluorous Polymers to Nanoporous Carbon and Lipophilic Redox Buffer Polymers“ as part of student-organized UCF-FIT Joint-Chapter Speaker Series. More information about the event and how to attend can be found at our website.
- Sunday, April 25th from 10AM to 4PM at Lake Eola (Orlando), the Orlando Local Section will participate in the Central Florida Earthday. Please come and join us.
- We are looking for news stories on what is happening in our local chemical enterprise: we shared announcements on job openings and on achievements at some of our local entrepreneurs but we need greater reach to reflect all employers. Send your tips, articles or let us know your interest in becoming a reported to our communication team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We officially launch the campaign for the Outstanding Entrepreneur/Employer Award. This award recognizes chemists, chemical engineers, consultants, or businesspeople aiming to expand the Private Sector’s chemical enterprise and to those private sector employers enabling chemists and chemical engineers to earn their livelihood in Central Florida. More information can be found at our website.
- Monthly Executive Meeting is open to members. The next meeting occurs at 10AM on Saturday 05/15/2021 via Zoom. If you are interested in joining, please do not hesitate to contact us for meeting link.